Tuesday 3 February 2009

Cheese straws & swede-ache

Another busy day at the office...but at least I was doing what I do best - research ideas & sketches. I don't think I've ever come up with so many ideas in a morning. Problem is that's as far as I got, yep...a classic case on concept block - the worst thing to happen to creatives ever! I've got the idea behind the best idea ever, (well - Steve liked it anyway), but the best idea ever is still a mystery. No amount of tea & cheese straws could sort it. I even tried going out & about on my lunch break in search for inspiration, you know - that thing we used to do before Google came along, but alas - no joy. 

I think this was a general feeling in the Lingo studio today...well - with me & Claire anyway. Poor Chicken gave herself a swede-ache! Maybe it was a lack of Lingoliz that made our swedes fuzzy in the first place...or it could have been that naughty snow from yesterday that threw us off!?! I mean I was even drawing like a 'tard...what's with that!?! Steve did tell me that it didn't matter & it was a case of getting my brain on the page, (scary though...who knows what might come out!), but my OCD just won't allow it. This is something I think I'll be coming back to - time over neatness. Definitely an important area for Graphic Designers...& definitely something I need to perfect. Oh well...maybe tomorrow I'll be fixed? Let's home so anyway! I'm worried I'll develop a wheat allergy if I work on this for too long, ha ha! Why I hear you ask? Ahhh...that's secret squirrel for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment